Hot Tin Roof was appointed to help support the charity, Winning Scotland Foundation as part of our contract with Scottish Equity Partners. This partnership was to increase Winning Scotland’s public awareness on an ad hoc basis to support campaigns.
This charity works with school children across Scotland to empower them to be ambitious, versatile and above all, resilient, equipping them with the self-belief to succeed. They use innovative approaches to help young people take ownership of their health, wellbeing, education and employment prospects, allowing them the confidence to aspire and achieve.
Hot Tin Roof has helped raise the profile of Winning Scotland Foundation, particularly in the clusters of North Glasgow that the charity has been focused in over the last couple of years.
The campaign is aimed at educating and enabling real change towards learning in a school environment. Behavior change is at the heart of the charity’s message.
Their mission builds on more than a decade of collaboration with Scottish sport and education, exploring innovative approaches for developing young people. They have invested £10 million in initiatives, which have had a positive impact on 500,000 young people. Their key focus is on ‘Mindset in Education,’ which supports hundreds of schools and teachers to develop a positive growth mindset and to embrace struggle as part of learning – to help children achieve at school.
We have been supporting the charity’s ‘On Your Marks’ campaign, which is a scheme to get more children and parents exercising both at school and after school.
Other initiatives we have supported Winning Scotland Foundation on:
- Their national Positive Coaching Scotland programme is delivered in hundreds of clubs, using sport as a training ground to develop skills for life – such as resilience, respect and discipline.
- Champions in Scotland deploys 200 sporting role-models in schools and clubs across Scotland, helping 50,000 young people achieve success through effort and overcome failure.
- Their community projects are delivered in areas of deprivation – helping children and their families to be more physically active.
Hot Tin Roof has raised The Winning Scotland Foundation’s profile in key national, education and third sector press. Our campaigns include media distributions for athlete training events, photocalls with internationally recognised athletes and profiles.
- Total coverage 2016 – 2018 = 23
- BBC Radio Scotland
- Total listener figures = 950,000 (where figures are available)
- Total pieces of online coverage = 16
- Total online circulation = 1.48 million (where figures are available)
- Total pieces of print coverage = 6
- Print titles included: The Scotsman, The Herald, The National, Third Force News, Times Education Supplement Scotland, Teaching Scotland