We are hiring!
We are looking for a Senior PR Account Manager to join our team.
Job Title: Senior Account Manager
Salary: £31k-£35k depending on experience
We’re looking to hire a PR Senior Account Manager with a nose for news who thrives on the adrenalin of a busy PR agency. Creative thinker, plain talker, great writer with bags of energy – is this you?
Founded in 2002, Hot Tin Roof, PRCA Scotland’s Small Consultancy of the Year 2020, is an independent PR agency creating iconic reputations for pioneering UK companies.
We deliver creative campaigns, designed along clear and simple lines. From short, sharp projects to heavy weight strategy sustained long term; we have a powerful reputation for getting results and making news.
As well as a fantastic working environment and culture, our award-winning agency can offer you career progression and a great mix of established and new client accounts to manage across multiple sectors. From robots to whisky, beautytech to smart cities, technology is transforming our world and we work with companies leading the disruption.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary based on experience, PRCA membership and a guaranteed Colin the Caterpillar on your birthday.
You’ll have a proven track record in B2B PR, ideally with tech sector experience gained within a PR agency environment or an in-house role. You will have built up a broad range of robust media relationships, developed a nose for a news story, and honed excellent writing skills.
We work with complex subject matters so you’ll relish the challenge of translating technical client information into engaging media content.
With multiple accounts to juggle, you will have strong planning skills, be able to meet strict deadlines but bring enthusiasm and passion to hit the ground running. Day to day, you will need to take the initiative, putting your creative ideas to good use, either by working on your own or as part of a small account team.
You will enjoy building honest and respectful relationships with colleagues. Hot Tin Roof prides itself in the development of its team so you will play a key role in the support of our talented and driven account executives.
You’ll have a detailed understanding of the media landscape with the ability to translate content for different platforms and channels including news wires, traditional media, online, social and broadcast..
We’re a small and fun-loving agency so we’re looking for a personable person who will get stuck into the odd quiz, virtual yoga and join in the chat during Friday night online drinks.
Your Role as Senior PR Account Manager:
As Senior PR Account Manager, you’ll play a central role in the management of key accounts, building strong relationships with clients and ensuring objectives for campaigns are met. You’ll get an opportunity to build your commercial skills and understanding by taking a leadership role on account growth.
What you’ll do:
- Manage varied portfolio of client accounts, working with a diverse range of B2B and public sector clients,
- Write new business proposals, client strategies and action plans for implementation by the wider team
- Lots of writing - from thought leadership articles and press releases to social content and award entries
- Lots of pitching - you’ll closely monitor national and trade media opportunities, securing opportunities for client comment, interview, profile and article submission
- Liaise and build relationships with colleagues, clients and the media, via face to face meetings, zoom, telephone and email.
- Development support for account executives.
- Experience working with B2B clients
- A confident, proactive attitude is essential
- Excellent planning, organisation, prioritisation and time management skills
- Enthusiasm, dedication, initiative and self-motivation
- Lateral thinking – thinking across multiple brands to maximise on all opportunities for clients
- A team player
- Excellent media relations skills and proven strength in securing quality coverage
- Confident and professional demeanour when dealing with clients and journalists
- Proven ability to manage resources - time, people and budget
- Demonstrated ability to build new media contacts across different sectors
- Strong social media skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of digital channels
- Accurate attention to detail
- Excellent copy writing skills
- IT literate with willingness to learn new tools/platforms/apps
- Literate and numerate with strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent understanding of news agenda and impact on clients
- A flexible approach is important
- Understanding of confidentiality and the importance of keeping client and agency information secure
A great benefits package is on offer including:
- 34 days annual leave
- Every member of staff gains 1 extra holiday day for each year’s service. This is capped at a maximum 37 days per annum.
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme